Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day Job Daydreaming

So here I sit with my desk awash in Grant Progress Reports for the state and stacks of scribbled sticky notes each with it's own item to do. There is a cold cup of coffee and cell phone near the keyboard. And a storm rolling in from the western sky into the open door of my office. A thunderstorm capable of producing damaging.......la la la la la. I have turned off the radio and I can feel the approaching storm. I can smell the rain and hear the roll of thunder. Right now is when I am most motivated to create. In this moment I could create a masterpiece from the scraps on my desk. The grey newsprint to capture the threatening clouds and the yellow sticky notes to show the light refracting under the cloudline. I have markers and pens, pencils and white-out. I have coffee to stain in a ground cover color and past due stickers conveniently colored in blue and green hues. I have all I need right in front of me except the time and freedom to do it. So here I sit trying to produce a very important document and realizing that it's importance is miniscule compared to the beauty and natural wonder right outside my office door.

No comments:

Post a Comment