Monday, May 11, 2009

Life as Art

Without so much as putting a brush, pen, pastel or anything else to paper or canvas, I feel more like an artist lately than ever before. It has been at least a week since I was creative in any way other than writing/blogging and yet I feel like a master of my own domain. I am directing traffic throughout the day, remembering the smallest of tasks, completing projects with kuddos and beating all of Luigi's foes in the evening with the help of my two little gamers. I have even managed in all of this to keep hubby happy. The biggest masterpiece I have is myself. If I am broken or malfunctioning everything else is meaningless. I have to keep going because no one is going to do anything for me. Now, this may all sound very conceeded. But I have spent so much time absolutely kicking myself for the smallest bit of forgetfulness and the tiniest of errors, that it's days like today when everything is going well and I have pre-determined any obstacles and headed them off at the pass that I feel truly as if I am the artist of my own destiny. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment