Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Executive Framed

My world is a collage of the ecclectic, mundane, wonderous, streneous, insane, amusement and glee. I feel a need to translate my "Seinfeld Moments" into images and my "{Blonde Moments" into topics of conversation which might just make them Seinfeld moments by admitting the utter braindead qualities that I occasionaly posses. I barely have the time to shower or play a round of Super Mario with my boys. Although, I would much rather play video games with my boys than shower daily. I guess my prioroities may be a bit askew when it comes to my boys. A routine! What a wonderful concept! Yeah Right. Not for me. Routines make me feel trapped. The same thing over and over again make me want to scream. This week I conducted a meeting, last week I researched retirement on the web until 2 am. Next week I wirk on a state grant. Today I am blogging because I deceided to paint the kitchen floor with the left-over catering that I was trying to get into the refrigerator. So, after cleaning about 10 pounds of baked beans off my shirt, pants, shoes and cell phone, I am now back at the office wondering how in the world I am going to get everything done that I need to do. And I have made a decision! I'm not doing any of it. I am going to go home and paint a pretty picture. It will be the most awesome thing i have ever created. I know this because in the past, when I am at my most stressed and feel this pressure in my chest because I have not created in a while. This burst of energy comes out of me. I am not afraid to paint badly, and I am not afraid of wasting a canvas. I just flow and feel and close out everything around me. No kids, no boss, no mayor, no DA, no meetings or caterers and no hubby! Just me and my brush. The canvas and the media. And then I make beauty. I end up with something that I didn't even know was inside of me. And then I can work. Then I can focus on tomorrow. Maybe I won't sleep a wink tonight. But it will sooooooooooooo be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment