Thursday, November 19, 2009

Deeply Entrenched

On a day like today when the phone is ringing consistently and the mountain of paperwork seems like it may avalanche at any moment, I am thankful for waking up this morning. It's crazy and rushed and chaos reigns. But the clock is on hyper speed and the day ticks by with the ease of breathe. I am focused and energized by the air. The sun is shining and the air is crisp. Winter is coming and the season is ratcheting up to crescendo. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year will be here and gone without the climax it used to bring. The excitement is overshadowed by the weight of making every bow and every word precise. But the reward at the end is the excitement and joy in the faces of my children and the hot cup of coffee brought to me by my husband. And none of it is possible without days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment