Saturday, November 12, 2011

24 hours of Vine charcoal

My hands are black, my cheeks are smudged. It's not much to show for all my toilings, but it's the process I find most calming today. I haven't been terribly productive with regard to artworks lately. No, actually, of late, I seem to be under the illusion that I can write. If ever I wrote what was really on my mind.... my world would stop in it's tracks. SECRETS SUCK!!

My secrets burden my mind, hinder my sleep, and alter my ego. But I'll not take this there.

I've always considered digital alterations/digital creations less than traditional mediums of art. I actually call it cheating. However, after not being happy with my vine charcoal, I imported images of my hot mess into photoshop. Now, this is where my minds eye met the real world. I've attached my meager renderings for the day. My anatomy drawings, facial features..etc. They are freehand with no photo reference, which is how I prefer to work. But sometimes, I just want to create on my own, without visual aid. And here that is.

I think a live nude drawing session might be in my future if I can locate one. Sounds......Fun :)


No comments:

Post a Comment