Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sculpture Disaster

The idea is simple. Create a sculpture around the frame of a small lamp. 8 inch tall female figures, not too detailed. Posing and stretching, curling and entangled. The finished piece is to be a little on the weighty side as to avoid tipping. The figures self sustained. No need to balance one figure off of another. A science project and a piece of art. RIGHT............

So, here I am 3 weeks later. I halve solved the cracking issue. I have solved the strength issue by re-enforcing with wire. (Can't see the wire....it's hidden. :) Anywhoo, it totally sucks! It keeps falling over, it won't withstand the heat of the bulb even though it is baked. And now I am back at square one with an awesome idea and without the tools to make it happen.

What a waste! I really just want one sculpture to turn out the way I thought it might. And I really want my lamp that was going to be sooooooooooo cool!

I have tried, Stonex, Sculpey, Clay and have even hardened the cracks with fingernail acrylic. My living room smells like a nail shop and My desk is a complete mess. But still no lamp. It works, it's just ugly.

Okay, so there you have it. I have blogged about a complete FAIL.

Sniffle

No comments:

Post a Comment