Friday, July 10, 2009

I Have Issues

It's Friday. I have alot of deadlines that I am up against. I really don't sit and blog at work. Really, I write them at night and then I read them back to myself. If they look like something that is good for publishing, then I hit the button. I have many drafts in my folder that may never see the light of day. I can't stop day-dreaming this week. I am consumed by this need to create something. A turtle in the ocean is what I have been painting this week. And it is very simple. Primary colors only. Amazing how brilliant a painting can be when the colors are kept unmuddied by mixing. Oils are luminescent anyways, but to use the raw color straight from the tube, it's amazingly bright. Portraits are great and that is what I have been doing alot of because I have a new commission that I need to start. But I need a break from the detail and constraints of creating something that I have little artistic control of. Maybe I am not meant for commission. I have a serious problem with authority. Any level of being told wahat or how to do something ....let's just say it ain't pretty. So I am giving myself a break. I am learning to do that more and more lately. No one else is going to give me a break. So I will give it to myself. Anyhoo, My turtle in the ocean is swimming and happy and bright and I may give him a crown just because I can. He may even aquire some friends before finished. Haven't quite decided on that. But if he does get some friends, it will be because I decided to paint it that way! So, that's my issue, one of them anyway. I promise to post a pic of my friendly turtle when finished. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment