Monday, April 20, 2009

Too Busy for Art!

It's amazing that I can get anything done as much time as I spend with my head in the clouds. I may have mentioned before that the gallery I belong is doing a recycled art show in June. This is new to me. But I creative enought to pull it off. I used to make dolls from socks and old clothing and costume jewelry. I made all sorts of things out of whatever materials I had. This was because I didn't have the privelege of having store bought art supplies. And I wasn't about to ask for anything. I just made do with what I had. On Wednesday evening I was extremely frustrated as everything I tried was not working out. I burnt my finger on the torch and cut myself with the wire I was attempting to cut. Then I was completely blocked. Nothing is more intimidating than an empty canvas or a clean desk. So Saturday...........I just went at everything I had with a soldering torch and hot glue gun. I cut up old chains, melted plastic silverware and tore up old blue jeans. I even melted a few walmart bags! But, now I have three pieces almost complete. Whether or not I will actually show these at a gallery is yet to be determined. I have to let them sit and just feel them out. They speak to me on some level at this point, but they are not screaming at me just yet. We'll See. However, I am very proud of myself! I overcame my own incessant inner voice. Got past my frustration and decided to just do it! And I did! And the best part is........I have a couple more ideas floatin around upstairs. I will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment