Thursday, April 16, 2009

Transfering mediums

This amazing thing happens sometimes when I listen to music. It can make me feel immensly emotional (Even if very briefly) to the point of crying, laughing, dancing, singing. I imagine if left alone for too long, I could truly go insane just from the emotional impact of music. I could handle isolation as long as I knew I could re-join society whenever I chose. But the music would push me over the edge. Am I alone in this? Something else affects me in this way. Being alone outdoors. I don't even have to be in a secluded area free from noise. I can stand in my back yard, within ear-shot of the highway and various other sounds and still feel it. It's indescribable. A connection to everything around me. I can smell the air, hear the birds, feel the sun and breeze. That too can make me very emotional. Maybe I'm special, maybe I'm crazy, maybe I don't really care. What I know is that I want to transfer this kind of physical feeling to a canvas. I want to frame the emotion and hang it on the wall for others to feel. I'm no "Tree-Hugger" or whatever the invisible label-givers call them these days. But I do feel as if eveything is connected and sometimes I can feel it. Another level of consiousness maybe? A gift as an artist by which I can Transfer Medium from emotional to 2 or 3 dimensional? Maybe I will find myself on this journey as an artist. Maybe I will find someone else. Maybe I will never know unless I keep going. Life is amazing, even when it's terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment